Caddyshack
Welcome to our new golfers forum. Please register and login to access all information available to members.
Mumble Server
Who is online?
In total there are 9 users online :: 3 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

brucman, SandBlaster, yesrushdt

Most users ever online was 25 on Sun 29 Jul 2018 - 0:49
Mumble Backup Server
Teamspeak 3
teamspeak server Hosting by TeamSpeak3.com
Latest topics
» people forget this is just a game!
Today at 13:53 by dewman

» Rascal's Music
Today at 0:13 by rascal743

» Greg Noman -The Great White Shark
Yesterday at 18:00 by Great_White_Shark

» Pink Floyd
Wed 19 Sep 2018 - 14:02 by dewman

» no monkey business allowed here !
Wed 19 Sep 2018 - 13:56 by dewman

» Beautiful Golf Courses
Wed 19 Sep 2018 - 11:48 by Christie

» remember that movie Reservoir Dogs ?
Wed 19 Sep 2018 - 1:27 by dewman

» JNPG Courses Overview by Kevin-G
Tue 18 Sep 2018 - 20:11 by Kevin-G

Tue 18 Sep 2018 - 18:20 by Christie

Discord Voice Chat

Custom Players

Go down

Custom Players

Post by Christie on Mon 6 Aug 2018 - 22:34

I play as a hacker having played for the past 6 months with 702 hours behind me.

I would like to go up one level but feels I am not good enough at this stage to change levels.

However I have noticed that some senior players with up to 4000 hours behind them still plays with custom settings even hacker custom.

The fact is that a lot of players do not like to play others who uses custom settings as it gives them an unfair advantage over players on higher levels.

I know we all probably started on custom settings but with tips and advice from senior players, progressed to levels where we can be competitive without using the custom settings. ( that only really applies to hackers and amateurs)

If you want to play as hacker custom, rather switch to beginner and everyone will accept that gladly but do not join a game with your custom handle and expect not to be kicked from the game.

This is my humble opinion and I would like to hear the members views on this subject.

Christie
Admin

http://golfers.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Re: Custom Players

Post by neveready4 on Sun 12 Aug 2018 - 14:44

I play hacker custom and don't quite understand the problem. I am old and hands don't work so good but I use the regular meter for swinging and putting with no dots on it. I do all my putting using the BLI and have never turned the grid on. Not sure what causes a hacker to be shown as custom. I don't see where this is such an advantage. I spend as much time in the rough, bunkers and lakes as anyone. I purchased this game the day it was released and used to play at pro level but due to age and illness I've had to drop back to hacker. If this is a problem you should set things up to only allow Pro and Tour Pro Levels and you won't have to worry about kicking people from the game.

neveready4

Back to top Go down

Post by rascal743 on Sun 12 Aug 2018 - 14:53

I find that there's not much differance in the game from hacker to pro but i use mouse swing so maybe you all might try that and get away from the 3 click advantage lol
( i smell trouble)

Back to top Go down

Post by neveready4 on Sun 12 Aug 2018 - 15:09

I would welcome a 30 second clock because it takes me way less than that to take a shot. Definitely no ego trip. Just enjoy the game and normally just play with a group of friends in my age group. You don't have to worry, I won't be a burden on you.

neveready4

Back to top Go down

Post by neveready4 on Sun 12 Aug 2018 - 18:01

Thanks. I've looked at the stimp chart and not sure how it would help since I just use the plain meter without the dots. My putting is probably the best part of my game. Just bad old hands but can usually shoot a little over or under par.

neveready4

Back to top Go down

Post by neveready4 on Sun 12 Aug 2018 - 18:24

I will try it.

neveready4

Back to top Go down

Post by neveready4 on Sun 12 Aug 2018 - 18:37

Went back and checked. Made no changes except under difficulty I changed from custom to hacker. with those settings it originally set up as hacker custom and wouldn't let me change. Not sure what difference it will make since I changed nothing else.

neveready4

Back to top Go down

Post by Christie on Sun 12 Aug 2018 - 18:59

I have been doing some research on the "hacker custom" post and came to the conclusion that the only real benefit to the player concerned, is when the
"simplified swingmeter" is set to on. This means that a tiny flag will appear in the swingmeter to indicate the power of your putt. I believe that this distance is calibrated on 10 stimp and will therefore have a different effect on lower or higher stimp values.
If any of the other settings under "difficulty" gets changed, it will change your player to custom level which are not necessarily to your advantage.

I must therefore retract my personal statement that custom players have an unfair advantage above normal players. In fact, custom settings may benefit pro's and tour pro's more if used.    geek

Christie
Admin

http://golfers.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin-G on Sun 12 Aug 2018 - 19:08

I was a Custom Hacker for a while.  The only difference for me was the Putting Swing Meter.  I used the 'Simplified' Putting meter.  (line across the meter with a Pin next to it)

The main caveat with using this meter is it is calibrated for 10 Stimp ONLY.  As such, I played a lot of games with 10 Stimp. 

Once I started to play PGLS Tournaments with different Stimps, I changed to the 'normal' Putting Swing Meter (with the dots) and never looked back.

For me, the Putting Chart was a GREAT help, not only with different Stimps, but with distances and elevation changes as well.  It forced me to read the Greens more carefully and VERY soon my Putting became better than with the 'Simplified' Putting Metter.

Still can't hit the snap to save my soul however! 

I tried several games with Amateurs settings and invented and 'new' version of the Golf Game.  I called it 'Army Golf'.  Left, right, left, right, left, right (etc.)  LOL!  I am a 3-Click player.

I'm a Hacker and I am just fine with that.  I have started to play the Tournaments again and we will see what PGLS is going to do with me.  Perhaps I should practice in Amateur setting and get a grip on "Army Golf'!  LOL

Kevin

Back to top Go down

Post by neveready4 on Sun 12 Aug 2018 - 21:01

I changed to hacker and changed nothing else. have played 3 games and the only difference I can see it that my drives go further than before.

neveready4

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazyCorey44 on Mon 13 Aug 2018 - 16:44

I use custom as a Tour Pro, but I only change one thing, I change the aiming to all views, i leave the cancel swing off and everything else is stock tour pro besides the aiming option. I do welcome a shorter shot clock, but I don't agree on the 30 second one, 45 seconds would be fairer, if you are tour pro playing in a tournament, and can't customize it by switching it to all views on aiming, then a lot of times you have to use the F5 camera to go out and aim on dogleg tee shots and to view the greens at times. You have to use the F5 cam because tour pro doesn't allow you to use the map or the F2 view to aim at all. It takes a litle time to go out and view shit. why the hell they won't let us use all views to aim on every skill is beyond me, there's no advantage by using all views, it only makes the games slower. I vote for a 30, 45, and a 60 second clock and to let every skilled player use all views to aim as stock, no custom would be needed then.

XFX Radeon R9 290X 8GB DirectX-11.2 DDR5 512-bit
Noctua NH-D15 cpu cooler
ViewSonic 144Hz Monitor
CrazyCorey44

Back to top Go down

Post by rascal743 on Mon 3 Sep 2018 - 21:22

I use all views now on Tour Pro  what a treat it is to shape your shot now with my game pad.

Back to top Go down