Caddyshack
Welcome to our new golfers forum. Please register and login to access all information available to members.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Caddyshack
Welcome to our new golfers forum. Please register and login to access all information available to members.
Caddyshack
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to Join!
Tournament ends in
TOURNAMENT LEADER BOARD IN PGLS
Teamspeak 3

Coldstream by Stoney

Go down

Coldstream by Stoney Empty Coldstream by Stoney

Post by Kevin G. Thu 25 Oct 2018 - 2:52

Hello CCC folks,

I had downloaded Coldstream by Stoney from PGLS a few days ago.

I think we had 3 players in a stroke game when we all sampled the course for the first time.

Right off the bat there was a major issue with the course . . . HELLA dark shadows.  One would think a Nuke just popped overhead and your Avatar is about to vaporize.  Even the shadows cast by the trees were BLACK on the Grass.  It was very distracting to say the least.

I went into game settings in JNPG and turned the shadow distance down to zero and that kinda helped.  Still a VERY dark shadow on the Avatar.  But it did help just a bit.

The following day I had mentioned this to another CCC member and he recommended me to turn ON Dynamic Sky under the 'Weather' tab in JNPG settings.  I changed that setting FOR THIS GAME ONLY and that made all the difference in the world after I restarted the game with that setting!  Almost a normal Avatar and normal shadows then.

I know there is another course 'out there' that I have played that had this "shadow" issue, I just don't recall the name.

In general: I rather like Coldstream (now), it is a great looking course with very nice Fairways and Greens.  Frame rates are very good as well.  I have zero lag.  Game play is just fine!

What is the other course that has this 'Shadow' issue?  I know there is at least one and I would like to update my spreadsheet and note to turn Dynamic Sky ON.

Thanks folks!

Kevin G.
Kevin G.
Kevin G.

Back to top Go down