Caddyshack
Welcome to our new golfers forum. Please register and login to access all information available to members.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Caddyshack
Welcome to our new golfers forum. Please register and login to access all information available to members.
Caddyshack
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to Join!
Tournament ends in
TOURNAMENT LEADER BOARD IN PGLS
Teamspeak 3

Riverside Park GC

2 posters

Go down

Riverside Park GC Empty Riverside Park GC

Post by Kevin G. Sat 29 Dec 2018 - 4:37

Hello Caddyshack folks,

I was playing a 3-man round at Riverside the other day and noticed on several holes I had a 5 or more percent power reduction on the Fairway.  The ball landed in the fairway, not on rough or anything, bounced/rolled and stopped in the Fairway.  Power reduction on my second shot for some reason on several holes.

Curtis landed in the rough about midway up one hole and had a 32 percent power reduction.

I just checked out all holes on the course in practice mode and got a power reduction IN THE FAIRWAY ranging from 5 to 19 percent. 

This occurred on holes 2,6,9,11, 13, 16, 18. 

Have any of you folks seen this?  VERY odd.

Best regards,

Kevin G.
Kevin G.
Kevin G.

Back to top Go down

Riverside Park GC Empty Re: Riverside Park GC

Post by Simseva Sat 29 Dec 2018 - 12:55

Hi Kevin, was the course Riverside or Riviera? I don't see a Riverside course in my inventory. Let me know and I will check it out for myself.

Steve
Simseva
Simseva

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin G. Sat 29 Dec 2018 - 20:00

Hello Steve,

The new course is Riverside Park Golf Course by M. Rose. I installed it 12-23-18.

Christie provided me the link and I'm not sure where he got it.  It isn't available from PGLS at this time.  Judging from what I uncovered, it must be a limited Beta release.

The file name did not contain a revision, but it is a real course @ 127 mb.  The file name is riverside_gc.

It is a very nice looking and playing course (other than this anomaly).  My spreadsheet remarks are "Lush course.  Nice flat Fairways, Greens have minimal break and are generous in size.  Good FPS." 

Special notes are: "POWER REDUCTION: FAIRWAY H2, 6, 9, 11, 13, 16, 18 (at least)".

Perhaps Christie can send you the link.

Thank you for checking this out when you get the course file.  I am quite interested in your test findings.

Kevin G.
Kevin G.
Kevin G.

Back to top Go down

Post by Simseva Sat 29 Dec 2018 - 20:04

Kevin, thanks for the info. I will contact Christie for the link and give it a shot.

Steve
Simseva
Simseva

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin G. Sat 29 Dec 2018 - 20:13

Outstanding Steve!

I look forward to your feedback. 

It is a rather nice course with an odd bad habit. 

The game does record the shot landing on and being taken from the Fairway.  It sticks you with a percent power loss for some reason on the above mentioned Fairways. 

I didn't check much of the rough on those Fairways.  Curtis had a 32 percent power reduction one the rough on H2 or H3 if I recall correctly (fat chance for that . . .).  He was on the left side of the Fairway when he noticed the high power loss. 

Kevin G.
Kevin G.
Kevin G.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down