Caddyshack
Welcome to our new golfers forum. Please register and login to access all information available to members.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Caddyshack
Welcome to our new golfers forum. Please register and login to access all information available to members.
Caddyshack
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to Join!
Tournament ends in
TOURNAMENT LEADER BOARD IN PGLS
Teamspeak 3

Caddyshack Forum & Tournaments

3 posters

Go down

Caddyshack Forum & Tournaments Empty Caddyshack Forum & Tournaments

Post by Kevin G. Sun 10 Mar 2019 - 19:12

Hello Caddyshack folks,

The Caddyshack Forums are slowly decaying due to the lack of participation within the forums by the membership.
I (and VERY few others) have tried several times to get some conversations going regarding some newly released courses, what I liked about the course, what I didn’t like and asked for the membership’s input on what they thought.  I have zero interest in ‘bad mouthing’ a course per se, but want to know what you think about the course. 
Regretfully, no reply’s for the most part. 
I am aware that most folks just want the latest/greatest course releases or updates so they have the most current course revision within the game.  No thought is put into posting anything on the site, just get the course(s) and go. 
The Site was created quite specifically to build and promote: “A friendly forum where the game of golf can be discussed, promoted and where new friendships are formed”.  The site is free to the members and it is the members whom shape and move the forum forward with interactive posts. 
The site can’t grow without the members contributing to the site.  Caddyshack has 157 members now and only 3 or 4 folks ever post anything.  I (for one) find myself not posting in the Game Discussion forum anymore as there are no replies and the post goes dormant.   *I* need to change my mindset on that and post more in that forum and hopefully someone will add their thoughts to the post and a discussion can take place.
There is not any point or purpose to have this site active if only 3 or 4 people ever post anything.  The site is for all of the members, not just the ‘chosen few’.
We need the membership to contribute to the site and post something or reply to a post.  Get involved with the site and help it grow!
I say this to you knowing the site costs money to operate; the Tournaments take time to set up, promote and monitor.  Two people are doing all of this work and the costs are being supported by a few members on the site.  We also have Team Speak server access free to our membership.
The current thinking is why go through all the work and cost for the membership to enjoy and benefit from this effort and cost month after month if there are only a VERY few folks posting anything to grow the site? 
Come on folks, step up and get involved with the site, post once a week or something.  Anything is much better than nothing at all.
The site will not survive without the membership’s involvement.
Have YOU posted today?  If not, please do! 
Just signing into the forum to view the forum as a member, not a guest, gives statistics that the forum is being used by its members.
Best regards,

Kevin G.
 Caddyshack Admin, course Beta Tester and a relatively crummy Golfer.
Kevin G.
Kevin G.

Back to top Go down

Caddyshack Forum & Tournaments Empty Re: Caddyshack Forum & Tournaments

Post by Christie Sun 10 Mar 2019 - 19:37

Quote message
From danburkett2 To Christie, Today at 3:51 pm
Hello Christie,     As for me,I am getting a little frustrated at these tournaments.I try to compete with my amateur status and I find myself losing almost all the time to the tour pros and pros.I have asked why these tournaments are not all handicapped and all I get is that they (which I don't know who) do not plan on making any of the tournaments except pgls classic and open handicapped.It is not fair to the rest of us to play these tournaments and not have a chance to win.I know that we are not playing for money or anything other than that ,but I think all tournaments should be handicapped or have more tournaments solely for us less than pro status golfers.I for one would like to be competitive as I'm sure others would like to be too.I also know you guy's do a lot of work keeping this site going and I appreciate it very much.I do donate and I hope other will too.I will try to get off my butt and post more to this site.Hopefully good things, not complaints.Thank you for all you do.Dan.
Christie
Christie
Admin

https://golfers.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Christie Sun 10 Mar 2019 - 19:37

Thanks for your message Dan. I agree with you 100 percent and have made plans to get handicaps added to the Caddy tournaments.
PGLS has actually agreed to handicapped tourneys for Caddyshack but I forgot to follow this up with Mark (my bad).
Will make an announcement soon.
Regards.
Christie
Christie
Christie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Christie Sun 10 Mar 2019 - 19:38

Quote message
From dewman To Christie, Today at 4:51 pm
well for one thing i don't like filling up my hard drive with courses nobody plays after it is used for 1 tourney. also i have over 300 courses in my pc to play which is just insane i feel. also going back to redownload updates on courses is also a pain to me. seems pgls is always changing things to suit them and not the players much. and the same players week after week seem to always be at top every week after week. I play the game to fill time up in the day and have fun only with friends . I bought the golf club 2019 due to the fact not much of this drama goes on there at all to be honest. And i have posted my comments on here many times before and have donated to the cause when ask too. This is a great forum and you Christe can only do so much. I understand your frustration on the issue very much. For me i just enjoy playing with friends more than i do tours is all. If you feel my comments are out of line on this you may remove me from the forum and have them remove me from pgls as well. I won't be playing the perfect golf game nor will it be loaded unless the new game gets to be drama as well playing it. thanks Dewey AKA (dewman)
Christie
Christie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Christie Sun 10 Mar 2019 - 19:39

Quote message
From Kelster To Christie, Today at 6:30 pm
Hello,
I just joined 2 weeks ago and love the course selection.... I haven't downloaded all the maps yet, but the one I have I enjoy very much.
keep the great work up and hope others reply as I agree it is much needed if players either like or dislike any courses.
How else are great things going to continue and not so great things be fixed.
thanks
Kelly
Christie
Christie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Christie Sun 10 Mar 2019 - 19:42

GOOD NEWS!!
Mark from PGLS has agreed to add handicaps to the Caddy tournaments starting this coming week with the next tourney.
The PGLS handicap system will apply here.
We hope that this will make the tournaments more competitive and enjoyable for all.
Regards.
Christie
Christie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin G. Sun 10 Mar 2019 - 19:48

Outstanding Christie!

Now I will be the 'bottom dwelling, pond skimmer' at the bottom of the Amateur group!  LOL!

Great news Christie, I know the membership was wanting this to happen.

Kevin G.
Kevin G.
Kevin G.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Fixer Wed 13 Mar 2019 - 2:18

Maybe its decaying due to some moderators deleting posts that they deem fit not to like !
The Fixer
The Fixer

Back to top Go down

Post by Christie Wed 13 Mar 2019 - 23:11

It is the job of the moderators or admins to delete abusive posts especially if the abuser do not even play or own the game and is insulting the players of the game.
Christie
Christie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down