Caddyshack
Welcome to our new golfers forum. Please register and login to access all information available to members.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Caddyshack
Welcome to our new golfers forum. Please register and login to access all information available to members.
Caddyshack
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to Join!
Tournament ends in
TOURNAMENT LEADER BOARD IN PGLS
Teamspeak 3

Ironwood Beta

3 posters

Go down

Ironwood Beta Empty Ironwood Beta

Post by jspirate Sun 6 Jan 2019 - 4:16

Ironwood is ready to be beta-tested.

This is the second course that I’ve built. The first, Bradford Links, was a fictional course and Ironwood is a real course in Eastern, NC. I don’t live in NC anymore, but this will always be my home course. It’s not a PGA tour event course; it’s a fantastic county club course that is a joy to play. The translation to Perfect Golf was more difficult than I anticipated, but it does feel similar to what I remember from 19 years ago. Although the PG version turned out to be a fair bit easier than the real course. In fact, it really is a course you can go low on if you find your snap. Also, Google earth now shows loads of houses. But I built the course based on how I remember it, so it’s not sporting rows of houses along every fairways.

Please give it a try and provide any feedback you can so I might get this thing released. I need to get back to my regularly scheduled life! Hehe, I really got tangled up in the Unity weeds with this one. That said, I did learn a lot about Unity.

One note for the potential beta testers… Ironwood’s file size is 335Mb. I know some people can’t run the larger sized courses, so I share this for them. Maybe it will save them the time it takes to try. At one point I considered paring it down, but I am past that point now and Ironwood’s size will not shrink any going forward.

Thanks for giving it a try and double thanks for any bugs you might find and share Smile

https://mega.nz/#!PjwW3Y5Q!aUaXRhrJVQKMvRF7iFCzJSl1VadeHQO0FwzoU8-3UqY

jspirate

Back to top Go down

Ironwood Beta Empty Re: Ironwood Beta

Post by Kevin G. Sun 6 Jan 2019 - 22:40

Hello JS,

Simply OUTSTANDING!!

This is one of the BEST courses I have seen for this game. 

Period.

I will go into Beta Test Mode later today.

One HELL of a job JS!  Stunning course.

Kevin G.
Kevin G.
Kevin G.

Back to top Go down

Post by jspirate Sun 6 Jan 2019 - 23:44

Wow.  Thank you sir.

jspirate

Back to top Go down

Post by Christie Mon 7 Jan 2019 - 1:38

I thought your Bradford Links to be outstanding JS, but this one is easily the best and nicest looking course I've ever played. Congrats on a stunning piece of work.
Christie
Christie
Admin

https://golfers.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Ironwood Beta Empty IronWood post by Kevin-G

Post by Christie Mon 7 Jan 2019 - 16:10

I was testing Ironwood today.  While testing the Water Hazard on Hole 4, I somehow managed to have the ball land and stop ON the TOP of a hand rail of a walking bridge used to walk over a small creek there.
I am standing ON the hand rail, about to hit the ball.  Never done THAT before!  LOL!!  Pretty normal power loss per the distance too!  Bahahahahaha!
I think you will laugh your butt off at the screenshot just the same!

Ironwood Beta Perfec10
Christie
Christie
Admin

https://golfers.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jspirate Mon 7 Jan 2019 - 18:34

Christie wrote:
I am standing ON the hand rail, about to hit the ball.  Never done THAT before!  LOL!!  Pretty normal power loss per the distance too!  Bahahahahaha!
I think you will laugh your butt off at the screenshot just the same!

Haha, you are more coordinated than I am!!!

jspirate

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin G. Mon 7 Jan 2019 - 22:55

Thanks for posting the screenshot Christie!

Having trouble doing that this time, not sure why.

Kevin G.
Kevin G.
Kevin G.

Back to top Go down

Post by jspirate Fri 11 Jan 2019 - 22:43

First let me say thanks to Kevin!  He gave Ironwood a good workout and had a couple really good catches!  His catches and the other feedback I received have been included in Ironwood_beta_2.

Ironwood_beta_2 modifications include:
-          Smoothed the edges of numerous outer splines in an effort to create less of a noticeable seam from the outer spline
-          Hole 2 - fixed is a dead spot in the grass to the left of the Champion’s Tee Box, just past the cart path
-          Hole 4 - pushed a lateral hazard stake into the ground near the greenside bridge on hole 4
-          Hole 8 - extended lateral hazard along the whole length of the creek
-          Hole 13 – added a tree near the tee box to keep players from using 18 fairway for hole 13
-          Hole 14 - moved a lateral hazard stake off a bridge on hole 14
-          Hole 15 – added a tree near 16 tee box that is only visible during 15 approach shot
-          Hole 15 – adjust OB spline related to a challenge tee
-          Hole 16 – dug out the ponds a bit because of a report of a ball skipping off the water (parts of the ponds were very shallow)
-          Hole 18 - tweaked the fountain so that it shows more surface water effect

https://mega.nz/#!u3QRWYqZ!iSYmrmnvsKc6RrBZOdgoVND24jx6Lo08z_zDk3ZfrlE

jspirate

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin G. Fri 11 Jan 2019 - 23:05

Oustanding JS!

Kevin G.
Kevin G.
Kevin G.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content