Caddyshack
Welcome to our new golfers forum. Please register and login to access all information available to members.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Caddyshack
Welcome to our new golfers forum. Please register and login to access all information available to members.
Caddyshack
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to Join!
Tournament ends in
TOURNAMENT LEADER BOARD IN PGLS
Teamspeak 3

Paradise Sands v1

2 posters

Go down

Paradise Sands v1 Empty Re: Paradise Sands v1

Post by Guest Sat 19 May 2018 - 14:14

played again, will meet up with you on mumble to
chat about later.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 May 2018 - 15:04

number 2 green. i hit this shot and where you see the ball stop ,i got the sound of a ball going into the water. it left me on the green with an extra stroke added at the end of the hole.

i was able to replacate it here in this video

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 May 2018 - 15:07

also no vid for this one but was playing with croc when it happened.
number 8 i hit a chip in on the fly the camera went wacko and i ended up 60yrds back into the fairway. i did not see the ball pop out of the hole,kinda thinking the movement of the ball was under the mesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 20 May 2018 - 8:48

on 2 it took me around a dozen shots to replacate that wet spot on the green.
thanks for the update will give her a go again a little later

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 20 May 2018 - 10:07

gave it another go. i will say it is the best desert course i have yet to see.
from the Champ Tees it is a monster lots of thinking to do for shot placement.
could not score off the champ tee's, so i ran a round from the Member tees
and was able to hit my avg of 6 under. this is a very nice course and people are going to have to figure if they want the monster, or a little tamer round.

nice work there.
dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin G. Mon 21 May 2018 - 3:13

My Frist Pass At Paradise Sands.   Designer: Hilton Welford.  Version 1.1, 134mb.

MOP: Multi player, stroke mode.  Single player with Bot stroke mode.  Normal for me is 9 holes, even or odd so front and back are played.  Have played V1 twice through.  Have played V1.1 three times through: first, all even holes, and then all odd holes.  Both games were multi player.  First game two players, second game 4 players.  3rd. game was single player with bot, all holes.

Test MOP: Single player, practice mode, mulligans turned on.  All holes.  Hit from all Tee boxes.  Hit into all water hazards repeatedly in different areas.  Verified a normal drop with normal power loss.  Hit into all rough areas.  Hit into all sand traps.  Placed ball in all sand traps and rough areas to verify clean hit out.  Approximate hits during test session ~250 – 275 for 18 holes.  In addition, before I Tee off, I hit F5 and completely fly around the entire hole twice, looking very closely for any anomalies.  The first pass is at an altitude of roughly 10 – 15 feet, the second pass is roughly 2 feet, sometime ground level.

General observation: Somewhat reminiscent of his Grand Canyon course.  This course is challenging owing to the length of the holes (numerous doglegs), narrow undulating fairways and numerous ‘blind’ shots.  The greens are somewhat challenging owing to undulation and breaks.  Nothing severe.  The course in general has a ‘curb’ that completely surrounds all grass to rock, sand trap and desert surfaces.  The curb appears to be on average 4 – 6 inches high.  It is as if the Fairways and Tee Boxes are a 6-inch thick sod laid directly on rock.  This ‘curb’ does deflect balls.  This ‘curb’ also propagates seams, tears and gaps in numerous locations.  (see hole by hole review)  The course features numerous doglegs, elevation changes and ‘pad to pad’ ball shots (some are blind) with rough or hazards in-between. 

There will be folks whining about ‘narrow’ fairways, insufficient 1st. cut width on the Fairways and challenging blind ‘pads’ to land on.  Get over it. 

It is a challenging and fun course to play.

Hole by hole:

1 Water by dogleg is clearly marked as a hazard.  Drop/Rehit placement is correct and not closer to the hole.  Power reduction is appropriate for the surface of play.  I did notice that when I hit into the water to the right, the tee box side of the bank would mostly disappear and I could see tree roots floating in space.  The stream also became about twice as wide.  Once drop was selected, all returned to normal.  It must be an angle of view thing.  The game crashed on the 3 or 4 attempt to view this anomaly.  I was unable to recreate the anomaly when I restarted the game to continue testing.  There are numerous gaps and seams around the Fairway edge and you can see below the sand trap through a gap at the dogleg.  There are seams and gaps all around the green at the grass/desert interface. 

2  Water hazard is fine and clearly marked.  Drop/Rehit is appropriate, as is power reduction for the surface the ball is on.  I found a tear with flowing water in the desert just off the green opposite the pin in the rough by some rocks.  This tear can only be seen from the rough, it cannot be seen from the green/fairway.  No other tears noted.   

3  Tear mid fairway, left side where fairway contact rock in several places.  Plants (rough) in 1st cut/fairway area.  The sand around the green is higher than the grass.  Plants (rough) in fairway around the green.  All sand shots ok.

4  Plants (rough) in 1st. cut/fairway.  Water hazard clearly marked and ok.  All drop/rehit is appropriate as is power reduction.

5  Big ‘curb’ (almost a foot) in some places.  Seam/Gap between the green and sand trap with water flowing in gap.  Also a big gap/hole between the sand trap and desert, also with flowing water below.

6  Plants (rough) in 1st. cut/fairway.  Water hazard ok, drop/rehit appropriate as is power reduction.  All sand shots to pin are ok.

7  Water hazard ok, drop/rehit appropriate as is power reduction.  No seams or tears.

8  Plants (rough) in 1st. cut/fairway.  Several ‘floating’ plants (not touching the ground) on right side of fairway.  Seam between sand and green with a gap.  Great looking dual lakes, one with a fountain and waterfall.  Drove a shot over the waterfall to see where the water is coming from.  The water starts AT the waterfall, no source of water before the waterfall.  Amusingly enough, my ball landed well past the waterfall in what appeared to be rough, but the ball fell through the map, freefalling through space as you watched the bottom of the map slowly disappear above you.  Out of bounds, rehit only option after about 30 seconds.  I also took about 12 attempts to HIO the fountain in the lake.  Funny.  Also the lake without the fountain and waterfall clearly stated hazard with the normal hazard parameters.  The lake with the fountain and waterfall did not display “XX has hit a ball into a hazard”, however, it was a drop/rehit with no continue and a stroke penalty.

9  No seams or tears noted, all sand traps play ok, big ‘curb’ per normal.  Nice clubhouse with Golf Carts.

10  Plants (rough) in 1st. cut/fairway.  Seam between sand trap and green.  Gaps between sand trap and green with water flowing.  Sand traps play ok.

11  Plants (rough) in 1st. cut/fairway.  Some seams between sand trap and green.  Sand traps play ok.

12  Nothing noted on this hole save for the normal ‘curb’ surrounding the entire grass/green area.

13  Plants (rough) in 1st. cut/fairway.  Floating grass roughly 4 feet off the ground right side of fairway.  Gaps with floating sand trap and plants right side mid fairway.  You can go UNDER the sand trap in a ‘cave’ there.  Sand above me, rock below me in a ‘cave’.

14  Plants (rough) in 1st. cut/fairway.  Some floating plants along the edge of the fairway.

15  Plants (rough) in 1st. cut/fairway.  Some floating plants along the edge of the fairway.  Hit a shot into the rough on the left side and it rolled under a big boulder, did not state it was a hazard, hit continue and I was returned to where I took the shot from with a one stroke penalty.

16  Plants (rough) in 1st. cut/fairway.  Numerous floating grasses.

17  Incomplete hole map display.  Can’t see where to aim.  Plants (rough) in 1st. cut/fairway, floating grasses.  Another floating sand trap that I can get UNDER in a ‘cave’ through large gaps.  Sand above me, rock below me . . . in a ‘cave’.

18  Plants (rough) in 1st. cut/fairway, some slightly floating grasses.

I rather like the course and challenge it presents.  Fun course, great graphics.  A very nice desert course.

Kevin

Last edited by Kevin-G on Mon 21 May 2018 - 20:20; edited 3 times in total
Kevin G.
Kevin G.

Back to top Go down

Post by Christie Mon 21 May 2018 - 9:23

Now that's what I call a "Test/Review" Brilliant Kevin-G cheers
Christie
Christie
Admin

https://golfers.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 May 2018 - 0:40

Howdy all, looks like this ones been covered pretty good, I will post a couple of pics soon on the Painted rock textures, you can play with the numbers to get the tiling to go away. Make sure your painted on textures are 1024x1024.
Make sure when you get these pics they are "seamless" that way they don't tile so much and if they do they are fixable.
Only a suggestion, I haven't went thru the entire course but I do love the rock textures that you have on the real rocks

Peace

Paradise Sands v1 VAzwCeC

Try adjusting these for starters.

Paradise Sands v1 2Uts1Tr

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 May 2018 - 1:34

YW maybe try bigger? 25?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 May 2018 - 2:21

Yeah it can be tough, maybe try and break up the seams with a little raising the terrain with a brush that is broken up? Just a suggestion, up to you.
I'm no texture expert by any means, lol

I even found a similar texture and kind of paint over some of the lines but if you are a Photo Shop expert (I dont even have it) many things can be done. lol
I'll get back when I get done. Thanks for the hard work.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 May 2018 - 5:57

All I could find were a couple of floating rocks. Really like the water fall on 8. At first I didn't like the color of the fairway but what the hell, it grows on ya..

Will do bk9 tomorrow and report if I find anything. Nice going so far.

Sorry, those rocks are off to the left hole1.

Paradise Sands v1 YsCgW0K

Paradise Sands v1 QTjVM3y

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin G. Tue 22 May 2018 - 6:32

Got the latest version.

Thanks for the update Hilton!

Kevin
Kevin G.
Kevin G.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 May 2018 - 22:36

Couple little items that may have already been caught, if so disregard.

Cool fantasy course, thanks for doing it. Congrats.

Paradise Sands v1 1oZsdqy

Paradise Sands v1 Yp9rpRt

Paradise Sands v1 HRmmsbs

Paradise Sands v1 HF2BPNR

Back to top Go down

Post by Christie Sun 27 May 2018 - 9:41

Messages between Great White Shark and Hilton.
Original postings were corrupt and we had to replace it.

by Great_White_Shark on Sun 20 May 2018 - 18:59
Played a rd in stroke mode..never found any issues as yet....although the hole 3 seams Dave was mentioning is actually a bunker (I think) as it has the indentation of a bunker ground level.... i landed in it and had to splash shot out..the sand is not showing ..just grass....All par 5's are long..but birdie is obtainable on all.....maybe the long one if you really lucky......Course is pleasant to play..nice layout and spacious....havn't tried any water yet for lies.....but so far Great job....

by hiltonwelford on Sun 20 May 2018 - 21:11
yes got the bunker on 3.have shortened the course a bit,mainly the par 5s.
thanks man.doing a fair bit more work on it.the proplem iam having,becourse i have laid fairway without anouther spline around it is the high fairway edge. changed fairway edge in LL to rough.yet to see if that takes the edge off a little.
thanks for your help.allways learning and trying new ways.

by Great_White_Shark on Sun 20 May 2018 - 21:41
Just a matter of adding semi rough around fairways
Christie
Christie
Admin

https://golfers.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: