Caddyshack
Welcome to our new golfers forum. Please register and login to access all information available to members.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Caddyshack
Welcome to our new golfers forum. Please register and login to access all information available to members.
Caddyshack
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to Join!
Tournament ends in
TOURNAMENT LEADER BOARD IN PGLS
Teamspeak 3

Chipping on the green?

4 posters

Go down

Chipping on the green? Empty Chipping on the green?

Post by Dewman Tue 25 Sep 2018 - 13:52

I was wondering if Players should be chipping on the green when they have long putts?
when the game gives you a putter on the green should you not putt it? I noticed that some are doing this and wondered if that is a fair way. if so how do they chip on the green and get so close? I have rarely seen anyone on the pga tour or in any real golf do this unless there is a obstruction on the way on the green to the pin ever. and if they do chip on green they must replace the divot the rules say in real golf. I understand this is a game and of course that can't be done lol . just like some replies to this is all.  thanks

Dewman

Back to top Go down

Chipping on the green? Empty Re: Chipping on the green?

Post by Guest Tue 25 Sep 2018 - 14:23

Yeah i think real golf rules should apply but some players are pretty skilless and will always find easy ways to get around putting...Hopefully in pg2 it will be built into the coding that it stops this ...

Back to top Go down

Post by Christie Tue 25 Sep 2018 - 15:07

Tested three different greens on different courses. Long putts as well as short putts. Game did not give me the option to change from putter to any other club. Cheating? Maybe the only solution.
Christie
Christie
Admin

https://golfers.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dewman Tue 25 Sep 2018 - 15:46

it does you have to change from putter to 64w

Dewman

Back to top Go down

Post by Christie Tue 25 Sep 2018 - 16:17

You can do that when you play 3 click but your meter becomes extremely fast and your reaction must be precise therefor this is not a feasible shot/putt imho.

Controller players may have a different reaction when trying to pitch on a green.

Sufficient to say that people who are serious about playing golf will only use their putter on any green.
Christie
Christie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dewman Tue 25 Sep 2018 - 16:39

Christie wrote:You can do that when you play 3 click but your meter becomes extremely fast and your reaction must be precise therefor this is not a feasible shot/putt imho.

Controller players may have a different reaction when trying to pitch on a green.

Sufficient to say that people who are serious about playing golf will only use their putter on any green.
true real gamers that like a challenge not ones who have ego's to win all the time

Dewman

Back to top Go down

Post by Rascal Tue 25 Sep 2018 - 18:34

I chip because i can  my ego has nothing to do with it  i'm damn good at it  right dew
Rascal
Rascal

Back to top Go down

Post by Rascal Tue 25 Sep 2018 - 18:38

people start getting used to the controller its the best swing on here. you say we cheat  prove it . ive used game pad forv years i know how and what to do with it. GET OVER IT. 3 clickers ruled for years. well theres a new shiriff in town.Further more you have a meter to go by  game pad dont  i pull my stick back to where i think it needs to be and then go forward. if i miss at the top it does excactly  like whrn you miss your sweet spot. its not as easy as you think,  buy one and try it  you might like it.
Rascal
Rascal

Back to top Go down

Post by Rascal Tue 25 Sep 2018 - 21:22

Great_White_Shark wrote:Yeah i think real golf rules should apply but some players are pretty skilless and will always find easy ways to get around putting...Hopefully in pg2 it will be built into the coding that it stops this ...
For your imformation  theres no rule against chipping on a green as long as you dont leave a divot its leagle
Rascal
Rascal

Back to top Go down

Post by Dewman Tue 25 Sep 2018 - 21:30

rascal743 wrote:
Great_White_Shark wrote:Yeah i think real golf rules should apply but some players are pretty skilless and will always find easy ways to get around putting...Hopefully in pg2 it will be built into the coding that it stops this ...
For your imformation  theres no rule against chipping on a green as long as you dont leave a divot its leagle
then start replacing your divots lol

Dewman

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin G. Tue 25 Sep 2018 - 22:34

Howdy Rascal and Dew!

Boy, do I have a Chipping and Pitching on the Green course for you two Gents!

It is one of only two courses I have ever deleted from my course directory.

Prison Putt by K11.  Insane. 

You have ZERO chance at 'Putting' to the Pin owing to the 'funhouse/mini golf' layout.  Huge rolls and slopes in all different directions.  The only way to even stay in the same zip code is to Chip or Pitch in the general direction of the Pin.  That being said: the ball will most likely roll to the next state anyway.

Don't worry about your divots . . . the prison staff will come along behind you and replace them for you . . . LOL!

Tear it up Gents!  Please post your thoughts on that course here . . . I'd love to hear back from both of you on your experiance with this 'course'.

Grip it, but don't rip it!  Good luck!  LOL!!

Kevin G.
Kevin G.
Kevin G.

Back to top Go down

Post by Christie Tue 25 Sep 2018 - 22:48

Here is a quote from the official golf rule book.

The Rules of Golf allow the use of any golf club to play any golf shot. If you want, you can tee off using a putter and putt using a driver. That would not be a very smart way to play golf, but it would be perfectly legal under the Rules of Golf. "

The subject is now closed!!
Christie
Christie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin G. Tue 25 Sep 2018 - 22:50

For Rascal . . . great song by the way!

Enjoy!

Kevin G.
Kevin G.
Kevin G.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rascal Tue 25 Sep 2018 - 22:59

Thank you all for your support
Rascal
Rascal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum