Caddyshack
Welcome to our new golfers forum. Please register and login to access all information available to members.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Caddyshack
Welcome to our new golfers forum. Please register and login to access all information available to members.
Caddyshack
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to Join!
Tournament ends in
TOURNAMENT LEADER BOARD IN PGLS
Teamspeak 3

Swingmeter Stimp Map

5 posters

Go down

Swingmeter Stimp Map Empty Swingmeter Stimp Map

Post by Christie Sun 13 May 2018 - 21:53

I got this map from Kevin-G for guys who battle to get their putt distances right. It helped me a lot. 

Swingmeter Stimp Map Putt_010

Last edited by Christie on Mon 29 Oct 2018 - 9:43; edited 2 times in total
Christie
Christie
Admin

https://golfers.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Swingmeter Stimp Map Empty Re: Swingmeter Stimp Map

Post by Kevin G. Fri 18 May 2018 - 0:23

Hello Gents,

Here is the math involved when using this chart:

To decipher this spreadsheet for 11, 12, 13, 14 Stimp:

1.       Locate the Stimp of the green you are playing at the top of the header.  That is the column you want.  If you are playing 12 Stimp, use the 12 Stimp column (duh) and etc.
2.       Take the distance in feet from the hole and if X inches UPHILL, add that number to the distance.  Look at the column for the closest distance to what that number equals.  Example.  20 feet away and 5 inches uphill is 25.  20+5=25
3.       Look across the spreadsheet to find the dot you need for the shot.  Frequently it will be in-between dots.
4.       If you are putting DOWNHILL, take the putting distance and subtract the downhill value.  Example.  20 feet away and 5 inches downhill is 15.  20-5=15.
5.       Look across the spreadsheet to find the dot you need for the shot.  Frequently it will be in-between dots.

To decipher this spreadsheet for 8, 9, or 10 Stimp:

1.       Same as above
2.       Take the distance in feet to the hole and add or subtract HALF of the up/down value.   20 feet away and 6 up is 23.   20 feet away and 6 down is 17.

There are a few courses that seem to be at odds with this chart, Halcyon Springs comes to mind.  The greens play slower that the Stimp value for some reason.

This will help you greatly when putting.

Kevin
Kevin G.
Kevin G.

Back to top Go down

Post by Greensboronclion Thu 24 May 2018 - 18:53

Nice data and 100% spot on the distance.  I had some old ones but since I have recently returned to 3C I had them updated to more clear charts and my numbers are exactly the same as these and use them to the max.  Great info for those who don't have and those that do to compare.

Greensboronclion

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin G. Thu 24 May 2018 - 18:57

Thanks GB!

I am a 3-click player, I was in HELL when I changed my swing type away from assisted putting meter with the 10 Stimp baseline.

This really saved my bacon for putting once I changed.

Kevin
Kevin G.
Kevin G.

Back to top Go down

Post by Greensboronclion Thu 24 May 2018 - 19:05

It will save you Kevin but trust me you will get to the point that you will not need the chart to figure it out as I have been playing 3C since the inception of Links in the 90's and it becomes entrenched in your mind after awhile.  I am now refreshing my older memory LOL since coming back to 3C from Controller.  Just remember those downhill putts can really be tricky especially if the greens are firm and sometimes less is better on the downhill putts.

Greensboronclion

Back to top Go down

Post by Christie Mon 29 Oct 2018 - 9:49

I thought to just bump up this post so that the members knows that the stimp map is still available here. Look at first post.
Christie
Christie
Admin

https://golfers.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by HEYHAP Mon 2 Sep 2019 - 0:52

I use the stimp meter chart now only as a guide. I have remembered most of the putts,but is a great tool you use to help you get started on putting...

HEYHAP

Back to top Go down

Post by davefv92c Mon 2 Sep 2019 - 1:26

got to agree with ya there Hap this is about the best tool we have to learn the putting as a 3 click player,and as you said after using it for a short time it pretty much becomes second nature and you no longer need to look at it all the time. 

a huge thank you to Kevin who spent the time to figure it out and put this together. i know everytime i get someone in a multiplayer game using the custom settings i tell them to get to the shack and get it and turn that stupid flag meter  off.lol
davefv92c
davefv92c

Back to top Go down

Post by HEYHAP Mon 2 Sep 2019 - 1:30

Don't talk about my flag meter now Dave . I have one more eye to have surgery on than I can see the hole....LOL

HEYHAP

Back to top Go down

Post by HEYHAP Mon 28 Oct 2019 - 21:25

Hello Christi.
 I have send several player here to get the Stimp meter chart from your site. I spoke to them after they used it and they really liked it helped their putting..

HEYHAP

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down