Caddyshack
Welcome to our new golfers forum. Please register and login to access all information available to members.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Caddyshack
Welcome to our new golfers forum. Please register and login to access all information available to members.
Caddyshack
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to Join!
Tournament ends in
TOURNAMENT LEADER BOARD IN PGLS
Teamspeak 3

Tournament Players

4 posters

Go down

Tournament Players Empty Tournament Players

Post by Christie Thu 6 Dec 2018 - 17:57

Tournament Players
I have often wondered why some players are obsessed with playing tournaments and others again prefer to play multiplayer and measure their level of play that way.
Is the fact that they play alone in the tournaments because they feel threatened by other players or may have more time and patience when doing this on their own.
Irrespective of their reasoning and let's assume that they want to compare their game against other players that completed the tournament, does winning the tournament at all cost is the reason for them playing these tournaments at all.
The following stats in the recent Caddyshack tournament indicates otherwise.
Number of players in tournament - 25
Number completing 4 rounds - 11
Number completing 3 rounds - 07
Number completing 2 rounds - 04
Number completing 1 round -  03
My question: Why did the players not complete the fourth round. Was it because they felt that winning was impossible  looking at the leaderboard, or did they feel that the course was too difficult to play. Why would you stop playing after having shot a very competitive score. The leader finished on -29 whereas some of the other guys shot up to -25 after 3 rounds. 
Can I say that Kevin-G and myself went through great lengths to set up these courses with picking the pins by hand to ensure good challenging courses.
Please guys, finish your rounds and the tournament if you prefer this type of competition.
What do you think?
Christie
Christie
Admin

https://golfers.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Tournament Players Empty Re: Tournament Players

Post by Kevin G. Thu 6 Dec 2018 - 21:17

Hello Christie!

I know at least one person whom shot the first three rounds and quit because there was no chance of winning the Tournament.

I shoot the Tournaments for fun and know going in that there is NO chance what so ever that I will win the Tournament.  None.

I am not that good of a Golfer.  I do enjoy playing the game very much.

After all the smoke and dust settles, this is just a GAME . . . win, loose or draw . . . the sun will still rise tomorrow, birds will still sing tomorrow and water will continue to flow downhill tomorrow.  NOTHING changes.

Perhaps knowing they can't win the Tournament, they move on to other PGLS Tournaments and try to win those?  Don't know.

Kevin G.
Kevin G.
Kevin G.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 6 Dec 2018 - 22:49

Maybe they know who the winner will be week after week after week...zzzzz probably dont need to finish 1st rd to know who winner will be ROFL..I'll tell ya who'll win this week...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Dec 2018 - 1:54

Great_White_Shark wrote:Maybe they know who the winner will be week after week after week...zzzzz probably dont need to finish 1st rd to know who winner will be ROFL..I'll tell ya who'll win this week...
Oh Crystal Ball Oh Crystal Ball you were right again...My Physic ability has foreseen next weeks winner.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Dewman Thu 13 Dec 2018 - 12:17

who really cares who wins or loses anyway game is made to challenge the course and see if you can do better on it than last time you may have played it i feel. 
in my case that won't either lol

Dewman

Back to top Go down

Post by Affo Thu 13 Dec 2018 - 15:31

Great_White_Shark wrote:Maybe they know who the winner will be week after week after week...zzzzz probably dont need to finish 1st rd to know who winner will be ROFL..I'll tell ya who'll win this week...

Wow, you are good, considering that's the first event I've played. How did you know I was going to play this particular week? you got the lotto numbers for this weekend?? Very Happy

Probably be wrong about next week too, it obviously upsets people if I play, so won't bother again.

Noticed your scores are coming down pretty well, remember when you started as a Hacker...keep progressing and you'll be top of the tree soon.

Dewman is right, just a case of challenge yourself against the course trying to better your score each round as you gain course knowledge.

Affo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Dec 2018 - 23:39

Tournament Players 9-hand10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down